04 September 2010

The two critters meet!


Joanna and Violet and I packed up the car and drove North to Hamilton, MT to visit some friends that we haven't seen in way too long. Dave is a grad school buddy from Idaho. The last time Joanna and I saw Dave was on his wedding day (to Julie). At that time neither Violet or Ben were on the horizon, so this is both a reunion and critter first-encounter. As you might expect, the critters hit it off famously. Why? Becasuse both Violet and Ben have sprung from the loins of their respective intelligent and well-adjusted parents.

There are some videos that I'm trying to upload but ever since Blogspot went to youtube for their video processing the video support has been crappy. So you will just have to wait a while until I figure out how to use Vimeo.

On the way to Hamilton we stopped for breakfast in Roberts, ID. Not a lot going on in Roberts except for 2 eggs up and a breakfast burrito.


Earlier in the week Violet went for her first horse ride with Joanna. Bareback, to boot. All three girls were very happy with the outcome.

Last Sunday we went for a walk up Green Canyon. A fun time was had by all.
Vi climbing on a rock during our Green Canyon walk.


Joanna and Ben in the Burkhart backyard.

According to Julie, this is porn for Mommies.

Violet is already an adrenaline junkie.

3 comments:

grandmapa said...

thanks for the photos. We miss all of you.

Julie said...

We miss you already!!! We really enjoyed your company!!! Thanks for visiting us here in the Bitterroot!

Kate said...

I feel like she's starting to look a little mischievous... watch out, parents! ha!