Lots of news in our lives lately. Looming the largest in my own mind is that not only did I fracture my LH pinky finger, but I then lost my clarinet gig with the Utah Festival Opera. Damn it all to hell.
Next up in the news department is that I got a new puppy. If you ask Violet, she'll tell you SHE got a new puppy. We're opting for a more amicable descriptor while Vi's around, so essentially WE got a new puppy. He's 11 weeks old and is a Saint Bernard/Black Labrador Retriever cross. I'm pretty sure his name is Marcato. If anyone would like to come over and help house train him, you don't need to call ahead. Just show up.
And the final noteworthy news is that we now have a pony staying at our mini-ranch. No, we did not GET a pony, we are actually getting into the boarding business. A friend who has been helping me work the horses decided that she wanted to get a pony to train. In trade for her help with chores (fence building, bucking and stacking hay, etc.) and working horses, we're boarding the pony. Win-win!
Mike and Violet went out for an ice cream cone the other day. I'm pretty sure Vi was on board with the idea...
Here's the pony's owner, Becky, and I coming in from a very hot ride. Vi was happy to see us and we were happy to see Mike double-fisting two extra large glasses of ice water.
We spent a morning at Bear Lake recently with our friends Maegan and Ryan and their dog, Chili and their friends Madeline, Tim, and their baby. A good time was had by all.
Vi sees a boat out on the lake.
Mike, practicing his fishing skills. If you are puzzled by the underwater trees, you should know that the lake is nine feet higher this year than it has been for the past 5-10 years.
Sand castle.
Marcato.
Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Bruce met us in Twin Falls, ID to drop off the puppy. We spent a half hour or so at a park to let both the puppy and Violet burn off some traveling energy.
Enjoy!
















6 comments:
Awwwww... Marcato! Pet Pet belly rub! It is nice of Violet to share her puppy with you and Mike :)
I was so sad for you when I heard/read about your finger injury. I knew that would put a temporary damper on the music-making. I hope you heal soon and well! Big Hugs Joanna!
Thanks, Julie:-) Any chance your quartet will be able to come down for a visit this year? We'd LOVE to see you!
thanks for the photos, we have been wanting to see some new ones.
We love the blog.
We had a great afternoon in Twin Falls with all of you. So glad the puppy is working out.
Puppy is cute! Could give Vi a run for her money in a cute contest. Love the name. Where did you come up with it? Fab post.
Aw, that puppy is adorable. Congratulations!
"Marcato" is a musical term meaning "well marked" or "with emphasis". Seems fitting for a huge, energetic dog like ours:-)
Post a Comment