22 April 2012

The Waiting Game...

So I've had Tom Petty's "The Waiting" lyrics running as a constant soundtrack to my days (and my semi-sleepless nights) for the past week or so.  You know how they go, right?  I'll leave out the verses, as they aren't quite as relevant as the chorus:  "The waiting is the hardest part.  Every day you get one more yard. You take it on faith, you take on heart.  The waiting is the hardest part."

So, as you can likely tell by now, no new baby yet.  At least no new baby born yet.  But we are still working on some projects at home and I've still got some work (for work, that is) to do, so I suppose waiting is still not a bad idea right now.  I'm giving my last exams for the semester tomorrow (Monday) and I still owe program notes to an orchestra in WA, so if I can crank those out in the next day or two, and as a bonus get some end-of-the-semester grading done, I'll be feeling super productive.  Not as if birthing a child isn't productive, however.

So, while we're all waiting, here are a few pictures from the very last of our days as a 3-person family.

Violet is getting quite good at grooming her black horse.  




Violet found one of Mike's soccer jerseys and was really happy to try it on.  In her words, "it fits!"



Snuggle time on the couch.  



Violet gets regular delivery packages from Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Bruce.  Sidewalk chalk was part of a recent delivery.



Another recent delivery - a dancing dress!



Vi asleep under her horse.  She often gets up before we do and then camps out on the floor in our bedroom with an assortment of stuffed animals and blankets.



Another special delivery, but this time from Auntie Kate - a handmade scarf just for Violet.  Well, just for Violet and Marcato...



Violet likes to help with outside chores such as feeding the animals, getting the eggs, petting Sue the cat, and climbing on the hay pallets.  



Vi has also learned how to climb up on the horse trailer fender.  This is an important new skill, especially when watching us work with the horses.  




So, rest assured that you'll all be getting some kind of new baby notice soon!  I'm sure there will be a blog post to follow.

1 comment:

Julie said...

We are so excited for you guys!