18 August 2009

Stuck Under a Chair, or, Violet Likes Her Freedom

Violet has been crawling around quite a bit lately. She is getting quicker and more skilled at crawling, scooting, and sitting up on her own, in fact. And she loves to pull herself up to standing. I think we're in for a lot of excitement (trouble?) soon!

The other day I was sitting at the computer and Violet was playing with CD cases next to me. Pretty soon she had crawled under my chair. I didn't think much of it, as the chair base is open on two sides and has cross bars on the other two sides. Easy to get into and out of, I presumed. Well, I presumed wrong. Violet soon decided she was helplessly trapped, and started howling.



Once I snapped a few pictures (future evidence for Violet's case that her Mother tortured her as a child, I'm sure) I turned Vi a quarter turn so that she could crawl out from under the chair. I didn't realize, however, that the top of the chair seat was even with the top of her forehead. So when she tried to crawl out, she bumped the very top of her head. That, of course, meant that she was still (and forever, apparently) trapped under the chair. Then she really started howling. Ah, the tragedies of childhood.


(This is just before I turned her, but shows where the seat bumped her forehead.)

As well as playing with CD cases (pulling them out of the CD rack, swatting them around, etc.), Violet also has discovered the wonders of the dog and cat toy basket. She can spend quite a lot of time pulling each toy out of the basket, inspecting them, shaking them, talking to them, and then dragging them around the front rooms and hallway.


Lots of fun at our house!





4 comments:

titaniumbadger said...

Why do you torment poor Violet so??? Trapped under a chair? Very cute, nevertheless.

grandmapa said...

those tears are hard to see! Life can be tough.
WE LOVE VI!

DJB said...

and to think we had to put up a baby gate! A chair. Brilliant!

joanna said...

Dave - Hahaha, if only that would work consistently...