It's been kind of lonely at the ranch lately with 3 horses, 11 chickens, 6 ducks, 3 cats and 1 kid (human, not juvenile goat) and only 1 dog. So we stopped by the Cache Humane Society to see if we could find another friend for Trooper.
It's kind of wierd to "shop" for a dog. All of them seem eager to be friends and I could see myself adding most of them to our herd. It's more that my usual modus operandi is to let animals pick me, not the other way around. However, this one little guy was just hanging out... loooooooking at me, licking my fingers. So I took him for a walk and we sat together for a while and it didn't take long to decide that he was the one that we should take home for a one-week test drive. It's a test drive because with all the critters around our house it takes a special kind of pup to integrate with Vi, Trooper, the horses, etc. It helps that Joanna sits on the CHS Board of Trustees, so we got a bit of "special" treatment in the adoption/test drive process.
He doesn't have a name yet, we keep trying different names out to see what sticks. He sure is photogenic, though. About 6 months old, we think. Total puppy. We don't even know if he's house trained. All smiles and play. He will be good for morale around here as the long, dark winter begins to set in.
3 comments:
you need to report back once you guys pick a name!
How about Spirit? He's really cute and Violet looks comfortable around him.
By the way, I can't believe I figured out how to post a comment. I love your blog and check it every day. It's great!
I don't think Mike actually reported back, as Kate asked. So to fill you in, Mike named the new puppy Kokanee. After the salmon, the beer, or the glacier. Your call on that one.
Post a Comment