Normally I want to puke a little when I see small children wearing oversized sunglasses. The image is stale and frankly uncreative. That is unless the small child is Violet. I'm still working out how to rationalize this apparent conflict. ;-)
A somewhat blurry picture of Violet applying Big Bird stickers to her hair. Kind of like barrettes, but more difficult to untangle from her hair.
So this weekend was a car battery epic journey. It all started with 30 degree weather for a few days. That means the top 1/2" of the ground defrosted. This was the perfect opportunity for us to broadcast 2 acres of alfalfa seed (~40 lbs.). Rather than walk the field it seemed more expedient to drive the LUV around and spread the seed from the bed of the pickup. Well, two months of sub-freezing weather will leave a 30 year old truck with a frozen fuel line. After cranking on the truck for 10 minutes with no fuel to the carburetor said 30 year old truck also had a dead battery. Well then, on to the 20 year old truck (blue Ford)... At exactly this moment we discovered that the Ford also had a dead battery. I mean D-E-A-D. Not a click or whir or anything from the engine. It turned out to be a stuck EEC relay (it only took me about 2 hours to figure this out) that had completely drained the battery. Even our radio station presets were lost. And since it was late on a Saturday I would have to wait until today (Monday) to purchase a replacement. I went to Checker on Sunday, but the dork-wad at the counter didn't know that Ford had recently updated their relay stock and the new relays aren't keyed like the old ones even thought they have the same functionality. Anyway, Vi was helping me fix the yellow truck. Notice all the tools that she relocated (in three separate trips) from the workbench in the garage to the bumper of the LUV. Btw, I finally ended up having to walk the field and hand spread the the seed. Farming the old-school (read: "we are terrible farmers") way.
Random image from SanFran. There's art here, I just know it.
Joanna and Violet enjoying some warm weather near Pioneer Park in Salt Lake City. Violet was inexplicably fearful of these bronze pigs. It took her about 10 minutes to actually touch one of them.
A video from last weekend where Violet details our trip to visit the owl.
4 comments:
I love kiddie animal noises! My requests: Gorilla, pig, and elephant.
We'll get right to work on that, Kate! She's already go the pig and elephant down, but we'll work on the gorilla and get you some hard evidence:-) BTW, we MISS you!
We love you Violet. You and Dad can fix that truck.
Fun post! What a "Hoot"! We sure miss you guys!
Post a Comment