20 April 2009

Just in Case You Were Wondering, Violet's Still Average.

Don't get me wrong, Violet is amazing, wonderful, and basically the smartest baby in the world as far as we're concerned, but according to her six-month pediatrician appointment stats, Violet is still pretty average. Here are the numbers: current weight is 13.69 lbs (11%); length/height is 25.25 inches (34%), and head circumference is 40.7 cm (8%). Ok, so looking at the percentages I suppose Violet is a little less than average, but only on the growth charts. She's amazingly above average in every other way:-)

Oh, and Vi got her age-appropriate set of vaccinations today. Diptheria (the "D" in DTaP, as I recall), tetanus, pertussis, rotavirus, measles, mumps, rubella, polio, and so on. Three shots and one oral suspension. Vi was taken by surprise by the shots, but she took them like a trooper (not like the dog, however) even though she did cry a bit. For a six-month-old, we've got quite a brave little girl!

One very happy note (for me at least) was that I took a half-day trip to SLC on Saturday to meet my friends Phyllis and Leah for some eating and shopping. Yay! for getting away from A) home and B) the Cache Valley. And actually, C) the somewhat self-imposed obligations of both A and B.

While in SLC, I went to Whole Paycheck (ahem, I mean, Whole Foods) and purchased some great food for all three of us, then went to the Sundance outlet store across the street and met up with Phyllis and Leah. While there, I picked up my very first pair of Frye boots. I do understand that you, the reader, may not give a damn about my very first pair of Frye boots, but I hope that you'll understand my need to proclaim my excitement to the world via this blog.

Oh yes, so after the Sundance outlet experience (in which I also got a pair of rockin' fully-lined wool pants for $10, originally marked at $169), we went to Maggie Moos for some ice cream, and then on to the home furnishings and design mecca that is IKEA. I will spare you the description of our 2.5-or-so hour expedition, but rest assured it was well worth the caloric expenditure of walking around! Doubly so because we ate dinner there as well...

Now for the piece d'resistance, Violet pics:


Violet loves to chew on the tail of her carseat elephant.


Violet with the stool her Cioci Jennifer made for her, in March.

No comments: