The first, and most exciting, being that Violet is getting her first tooth! We are both amazed that our little girl is popping out a tooth. Not that we didn't expect it, but really, what an amazing thing for a little baby to do. All of a sudden, bam, there's a sharp thing poking up from beneath her otherwise undisturbed gums. Crazy.
Sadly, we have no pictures of this new development to share, but rest assured, we certainly will in the coming days.
We do, however, have a video of one of Vi's newest skills. The smartest baby in the world (at least in our world) has figured out how to operate her crib entertainment system. See for yourself:
She also is adept at hitting the lever on the right side of the unit, making the starfish spin around. And she often double-foots it, using both feet in tandem to really get the action going.
On the parental homefront, I got to go for my first organized road biking group ride this evening. I've been out on a road bike a total of three times, counting tonight. First was in WA with Mike, then about three weeks ago several people rode out to our house from Logan, picked me up, and we rode for about an hour. I was finished at that point, but they of course then rode back to town. Third time is apparently the charm, as I got a personal invitation from our friend, Jennifer, to come to the Wednesday night "recovery" ride. Funny that the "recovery" ride is for people who ride harder and faster all week, and then take a day to relax a bit. For me, relaxing does not involve riding my bike for two hours. But hey, to each, his own. Anyway, Jen called earlier in the week, and promised to ride with me, even if I fell behind the pack and/or had to turn around before the ride was over.
I'm happy to say that I kept up with the pack for about 3/4 of the first part of the ride. Then Jen and I turned around and rode home, which was mostly downhill. I like downhill after an hour of uphill... We returned to Logan, and Jen dropped me off at Cafe Ibis, where Mike and Violet had been hanging out awaiting my return. Mike was so happy that I went out riding that he was almost in tears. And although I have some serious issues with my own "baby fat" as you might call it, I was pretty damn happy to be out for a bike ride, too!
And for the finale, here's one of our bedtime semi-rituals. Mike plays peekaboo with Violet in her bedroom. You might need to turn up the volume to really hear her giggles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nothing better than a laughing baby. If that doesn't make you smile nothing will!
We have so much joy watching these 2 videos,
no matter how many times we watch them we smile and hug each other. Thanks for posting them!
Post a Comment