24 March 2010

Just the Girls/Vi's First Airshow


Not much new to report today. Sorry we didn't get around to updating the blog as soon as we said we would. Busy week for both Mike and I - he is on his second trip this week and I have been swamped at USU. Good news on that front, however, is that I will now be teaching TWO new classes for the USU Honors Program next fall! Now if I can only get the courses planned and syllabi submitted for approval by next week...

On to what I know all of you have come looking for: Violet. She is doing great. She's got four molars now, and loves to chomp her teeth together for what I assume is the sheer pleasure and new sensation of hearing and feeling them snap. No pictures to prove it, but you can take my word for it that she's getting some mighty big teeth! She has been quite a trooper in the teething dept. though. No trouble with any but the very last molar, and that only caused her some mild aggravation. Thank goodness, because that means it only caused Mike and I mild aggravation as well.

Here is a random sampling of recent pictures. The airplane pics are from our weekend walk that Mike described in the last post. There is an airstrip for RC enthusiasts near the reservoir, and they (and we) got quite a show. A local pilot flew out across the reservoir and over the airstrip, all the while doing amazingly daredevil-esque flips, turns, stalls, and other maneuvers I have no idea how to describe. It was breathtaking to say the least.



1 comment:

grandmapa said...

We watched all the videos again tonight to get our Violet fix. WE LOVE YOU VIOLET!