Many of you likely have no idea what that means. But the Wojciks do. And probably my Mom and Bruce. At any rate, "Boo" (sp?) is the Wojcik term for, basically, "Cheers" when eating or drinking.While we were out to dinner on Friday evening, at our favorite Italian-ish restaurant Calloways, Violet decided to join us in our Boo-ing. Luckily for you, she loves doing it, and was willing to "Boo" again, and again, and again:-)
Violet has also been spending a lot of time outside. Although we had a hard frost last night, the days have been relatively warm. We are expecting rain/snow later this week, but we're enjoying our time outside as much as possible lately.
Violet enjoying her butterfly chair, courtesy of Great-Grandma Phylis.
Violet enjoying both her new chair AND some raw zucchini, which is apparently her new favorite snack!
Vi is really excited about her new gardening tools. Thanks Gramma Nancy and Grandpa Bruce!

Kittens (read on...)
Violet, enjoying her new car-seat-box-turned-fort.
As of Saturday, we have some new additions to our household. We were outside doing yard work when I heard a tiny little mewing noise coming from our haystack. I found a little white kitten clinging to the side of a hay bale, underneath our tarp. Upon further inspection, we found a feral momma cat and five kittens. Apparently they had been living under that tarp for some time now, as the kittens all have their eyes open (except for the ones with eye infections). Mike donned has heaviest jacket and gloves, and extracted the cats. He suffered no injury on that occasion, but when we tried to stuff the momma in a travel crate to take her to the vet this morning (to be spayed - we certainly don't need MORE feral cats around here) she did manage to bite him, and draw blood, through his leather gloves and his heavy jacket. That cat certainly can hold her own in the world...
We are now in a holding pattern of sorts with the kittens. I called up the Cache Humane Society and inquired about their current space for kittens. I kept my fingers crossed that being a member of their Board of Trustees would give me a little edge in getting the kittens in, but apparently I didn't need it. They are currently low on kittens, and were happy to accept them - especially if I would be willing to A) pick up some vaccinations tomorrow and give them at home before we take the kittens in, and B) treat their eye infections for a few days as well. Lucky for us, the CHS offered to give us the vaccines and eye ointment. Soooo, we now have a U-Haul box configured for five kittens, with eye ointment nearby. We spent about a half-hour tonight washing kitten faces and trying to soften and then pry open the worst of the eyes. I'm not sure that all five kittens will make it, but certainly four are doing well. I'll be stopping by the shelter tomorrow on my way to Violet's 18-month pediatrician appointment. Guesses for her height and weight are welcome...
5 comments:
I am wishing somehow that great grandma Phylis has seen Vi enjoying her chair. Pretty cute and Phylis would love that.
Glad her gardening tools are such a hit! We are glad to help her assist with the garden. Let us know if she needs some new additions to her tools.
Video added...
Aww... I would have taken a kitten if you were closer! Love that Violet is learning drinking etiquette early!
Dziadziu would be proud!
Dang! This post caught us snoozin'... now we are dying to know the height and weight of the butterfly!?!
Post a Comment