29 April 2010

Still Snowing

Picture of ominous storm cloud taken from our front porch yesterday.


Sometimes the sun shines under the clouds and onto the west side of the Wellsville Mountains, but not on our side. We only see it when there is enough snow to reflect the low-angle rays.


Yes, believe it or not, it is still snowing in Petersboro. The snow has not been sticking, but it certainly has been coming down. And sometimes simply flying sideways past the windows. Violet has been disappointed in the "we're not going outside tonight, it is too cold, "brrrr"" weather lately, but we've been keeping ourselves occupied by taking care of the kittens. Violet is quite enamored with them, and loves to make sure I'm aware of their presence and location at (almost) all times.





Although Mike is out of town on business travel, I thought I'd include a picture I asked him to take last weekend at the feed store. Probably the best bit of advertising they've done in ages.


The semester is almost over at USU, and I will be so grateful for the brief lull in activity. If only I can get through the next week-and-a-half of final exams and grading, grading, grading, and more grading. And then submitting the grades. Ahhh, I can almost imagine what it will be like...

3 comments:

mike said...

I'm a comin', girls! just as soon as I can get out of Denver.

DJB said...

How did you guys end up with a gaggle of kittens? They are so adorable!

The feed store? Why didn't I think of that??!! Maybe the name threw me off. All those years in bars and laundry mats were a waste!

joanna said...

Dave - gaggle of kittens showed up under the tarp on our hay stack last week, along with a feral (and ferocious) mamma cat. We grabbed the kittens and are going to take them to the humane society once they are a bit older and vaccinated. The mamma cat went to the vet last week and was spayed, and has been returned to the vast wilderness that is the local farmland. She can return to the wild, eating rodents and pooping in our garden, but she will no longer be adding to the feral cat population growth!