Regarding the quote you see in the title, that is what Violet informed us in the car this evening as we drove home from dinner at the Beehive Grill. We were talking about how "owls don't eat me", "owls don't eat little girls", and "owls don't eat Daddy and Momma". Actually, we were being told about these things. Then Violet suggested that "owls eat bananas", which surprised us as we had never heard of that before. Violet then provided us with the material for the title of this posting. The quotations are correct, she actually said that. Clearly. Mike and I both just about fell out of our seats. (Good thing we didn't, as I was still driving...)
In other news, we had one of our all-time favorite visitors last week, Phyllis! We all love it when we get to see "Aut Phisis", and this visit was no exception. Violet kept her busy reading books, while I kept her busy by talking her ear off, escorting her to Crumb Brothers for breakfast and The Crepery for lunch, and having her sit in on my Masterpieces of Music class to give me her critique of my teaching and presentation style.
Here's a great video of Vi that I've been meaning to post for a week or so. Violet announces what she had for lunch with Mike (after a trip to the pediatrician's office; she had a sinus infection).
While Mike was in St. Petersburg last year, he got Violet a beautiful shirt. She models it well, we think.
Violet has a thing for Little People. Notice the conga line of them waiting to get on their school bus. No, we did not stage this, it was all Violet's doing. We just stumbled upon it and thought it would make a good blog entry.
We are dog sitting for a few days. This is Logan, an immense, somewhat debilitated lab. He is a gentle giant for sure, and Violet loves him:-)
Here's a shot of Violet and her best friend at school, Riley. Riley is five, but he just loves Violet. They really are best buddies.
Finally, here's a shot from the excitement Vi and I found on our way home from daycare on Friday. A woman had slid off the road and into Benson Marina just before I drove by. All I saw was a car floating in the water, so I stopped and called 911. As I crossed the road, I saw a woman open the rear passenger door of the car. I ended up helping get her out of her car, and then out of the reservoir, while trying to give the 911 dispatcher directions. (You'd think that "Benson Marina", which is a county-maintained facility, would be easy for first responders to find, but you'd apparently be wrong...) Once I got her out of the water, I got her to sit in the car with Violet and I until the rescue trucks arrived, which was almost 30 minutes later.
All in all, the woman was OK, just a few bruises and scrapes. Her car, however, ended up sinking completely under water as I helped get her out of it. Although rescuing someone from their sinking car is not high on my "to do" list, I'm glad I was there at just the right moment.



5 comments:
BTW, the "coke" in Violet's paper coffee cup is neither coke nor coffee. It is water, but Vi likes to think she's having the same things that Mike and I sometimes drink. So please don't turn us in to C.P.S. for child abuse/malnourishment.
Wow! Joanna! The woman in the sinking car chokes me up. That has been me in my mind everytime I drive near the twisty edge of the river on the way to David's folks house. Somehow I feel thankful you were there and I wasn't even involved. Good job hero!
OMG the FP Little People lined up for the bus is such a fabulous little peek into her great big imagination! I love it! Good job krasivaya umnaya devochka!
Julie - we so need to get the Ben-bug and Violet back together again for some play time...I just know they'd have the best time:-) And honestly, the four of us adults would, too!
Wow! she's so grown and and quite the talker. I, too, love mexi tots at Taco Time. Yuuuuuuuuum. And I'm especially glad to know that owls do not eat little girls, only apples while they dine outdoors.
Post a Comment