I'm procrastinating. Who wants to do work when you can do something else, right?
Violet takes her space shuttle for a spin. The blankie/cape gives her extra speed.

Notice Orange Kitty. Violet strategically placed her in front A) for safety, and B) so she'd have a good vantage point.
Violet has taken up painting as a new pass time. She's pretty good!
She's also learning to use scissors. She uses them at school, and kept asking for some at home. So now she has her very own pair.

One day about a week or so ago the kids at school got to play outside....without their coats, boots, and mittens! It was in the 40s that day, I believe.
The next day, on the other hand, was quite cold and snowy. With a little help from Mr. Bob, the kids made a fantastic snowman.
Here, Violet helps inspect the bottom of the snowman.
The Sunshine Academy had a Valentine's Day party, complete with exchange of valentines. Violet thought it was pretty cool that she got to hand them out to everyone.
She also thought it was pretty cool that she got to collect a lot of valentines, as well!
Another day prior to the snowstorm. Violet really loves riding this big, blue plastic doggie.
Enjoy. And feel free to utilize our blog for your own form of procrastination!

9 comments:
She is getting so big! I love her cape & awesome valentines hat!
We have that big, blue plastic doggie! The girls loved it! I wish you lived closer & then you could have our big, blue plastic doggie! :)
Oh & my at home painting tip... plastic shower curtain! Covers everything & no need for clean-up. Just let it dry, fold it up & put it away for future use. And we use Daddy's old t-shirts for paint shirts! My kids favorite part of painting!
SUPER FUN POST!!!
Ben is in the Blue Rocking Doggie club too (great birthday gift). I like to see that it can live outside some sunny day.
Great painting tips Kristen...thanks :)
Yes, great painting tips for sure! I'll be getting out an old t-shirt for Vi to use, and will look into the shower curtain....that seems easier to deal with than endless pages of newspaper:-)
Yay! She's entered the Fridge Art Gallery phase. Suh-weet! Dollar stores are great for shower curtains and other crafty bits. Especially if she starts liking to glue things onto paper. They always have good sequin-ey things and popsicle sticks, etc. I could definitely help your procrastination (and mine) by giving you a call! ;)
@ Auntie Cookie: Yes! We need to talk! And honestly, I think we need to go dollar store/craft store shopping, too:-)
As I waited in line to board the bus this morning, I realized I was a plastic person in Violet's world. She is really right on, and I don't think she's ever even been to Boston to see how we plastic people/sheep line up!
After that revelation, I felt I had to comment here. I usually try to wait until I can come up with something witty, but I came up short, then decided I would write anyway because I want to spread the positive reinforcement for these awesome blog entries that have given me so much to look at and so much procrastination activity! I look at your blog every day, sometimes more than once, so no encouragement for procrastination needed, but these last two are so chock full that I may never go back to working again.
I have learned a lot about the dining habits of owls from your blog as well. I thought they ate voles based on an earlier entry (and photo), but it's good to know they mix it up with fruits from time to time.
So, how to sum up this ramble? With a big thanks for the great pics and an encouraging cheer to keep up the excellent posts.
Miss you guys!
You know that we love it when Vi loudly states "back to the farm"! We love having all of you here and we look forward to your next visit. Violet's own garden house is waiting. Soon flowers will be growing around the porch.
Seems like yesterday that you and Auntie Cookie were making things with feathers and sequins and bits of paper.
That Space Shuttle is so cool! My kids used to play on a toy like blue dog. They would rock it so hard I thought they were going to flip. I had completely forgotten about that until I saw that picture.
Post a Comment