06 March 2011

Big trucks and explosions




This blog will be briefly hi-jacked for purposes of showing pictures of big trucks and other stuff that I saw on my recent trip to a gold mine in Nevada. Last Thursday and Friday I was a chaperon for 20-something college grad/ugrad students during a visit a gold mine. It is one of the more fun "benefits" of being an adjunct faculty within the Utah State University Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. I saw big the trucks and explosions, so it was a smashing success. Boots, vest, safety glasses and hardhat are all standard issue. I look dashing, no?

Big truck.

Big truck.

Big front loader.

Big 'splosion. (there is a video to go with this but it's taking too long to upload)

Here are some other pictures of Violet.
Sunset

I'm sure all of you know where she learned this look.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Holy Hellacious wHeels!!! Thems sum big trucks alright! The hijacking is understood. We started the B-cubed (BABY benjamin burkhart) blog as a way to announce and inform about the new arrival. Now that he is big (not 3-B anymore) we are trying to figure out how to transition to a more all-inclusive family blog. If I could re-direct all on-lookers to the new address maybe? Dunno.
I LOVE the beautiful Mamma/BabyGirl pic!!!

Jenn said...

Either those trucks are dang big or that Mike is teeny tiny.

Julie said...

That's it! Mike's become a leprechan! Maybe too much green beer.

DJB said...

Any excuse to roll up them pant legs, eh Wojcik?