19 March 2011

Violet the Chef. And Furniture Mover.


Violet likes to move furniture, and she likes to cook. And luckily, she is very conscious of the dangers of cooking, i.e. hot stove, hot oven, and hot pots. In the videos below, she was in the process of relocating her table, chairs, a floor mat, and lots of toys from one side of the house to the other. And all the while, she was cooking dinner (pasta and soup) for her toys. What a fantastic multi-tasker:-)







Here, Violet helps me make some bread dough. She's a very diligent helper!




In this photo, Violet is using her cool tye dye socks as mittens. She was very excited to tell me that she had mittens, and I couldn't figure out what she meant. Until, that is, I returned to the dining room and realized what she was up to.



Random Mardi Gras show shot. I played with a local blues band on Friday night, March 4th. It was fun:-)


Toward the tail end of spring break, we all went up to Rigby, Idaho, to visit our friends Phyllis, Shawn, and Gus. Phyllis and Shawn were fabulous chauffeurs and took us on a day trip to Jackson, Wyoming!

The Tetons. Crappy cell phone picture, but still they are beautiful.


Vi and Phyllis wave from the gigantic antler arch (one of four) in the central square in Jackson.


A very interesting find in the window of an otherwise staid fur shop in Jackson. Fur jockstraps, with or without a tail. Guess what Mike's getting for Christmas!?!


4 comments:

Julie said...

Fun!!! Fun!!! Fun!!! What a great chef! We definately need to get our funny little kitchen helpers together! We are hoping to come help Vi rearrange your furniture this summer :)

Kate Comstock said...

Her talking is amazing! (I was so excited when she talked to me on the phone the other day!!!!) Glad to see that she wears regulation mover attire: sneakers, t-shirt, and undies! :)

DJB said...

Wow! That girl is amazing. What happens when the unstoppable force meets an immovable object? I'm putting my money on Violet.

Jenn said...

I love a girl who feels free enough to eat dinner pantsless.