26 October 2009

A Big Day


For both of us, actually. Today was Violet's first day at daycare! And therefore it was my first day to be able to stay at USU and get tons of work done!

Violet took about 20 minutes to assess her situation at the Sunshine Academy this morning, and then dove right into exploration. She seemed perfectly at ease, and when I left, she gave me a huge smile and a goodbye wave - perfect!

I thought I'd download some pictures of Vi and post them here, but that is proving to be more difficult than I had imagined. Odd. At any rate, you are welcome to go view them at:


Violet pics start with no. 8 (she's in the stiped shirt). They show a nice progression from finding the stacking cups (a personal favorite of hers) to exploring, playing with her friend Henry (black shirt) and some other kid whose name I cannot remember, to investigating the wagon, additional playtime, lunch, and finally, naptime! I can hardly believe it, but Violet actually took a nap on the "big kid" cots! (Don't stress - the cots are approx. 2 inches off the floor.)

All in all, a great day for both of us. Violet will continue to go to daycare through this week, then for another week in mid-November, then likely another week in December, and then full-time starting in January. And lucky for us, the Roses are going to lower their rates a bit starting in December...our bank accounts are thankful!

A few pictures for the heck of it:
Violet was traumatized a bit (by what we do not have any idea) by her post-birthday cupcake bath in the laundry sink. Maybe she thought she was going into the washer?

Vi got not one, but two growth charts from Cassie, Denny, and Lance. One for Gramma and Grandpa's house, one for home.


Lance demonstrated his ability to get on the rocking horse all by himself.




And then he demonstrated his ability to ride it right off of it's sheepskin mat and part of the way across the room!

2 comments:

Julie said...

In the growth chart picture, Vi looks like she is reaching for Cookie Monster's cookie! In all fairness, it does look like he is offering it.
Congrats on the new found independence for you all! :)

Julie said...

Denied :(
Sans access at the picasaweb site.
Dang...well... I'm sure they are super cute, but not as cute as your blog Violet :)