04 October 2009

Low res phone vid

There seems to be an uptick in blog traffic when I post videos of Violet. So, despite the graininess (iPhone) here is Violet eating her dinner tonight.



She would only eat off of Joanna's plate and only from chopsticks. If I tried to feed her with my chopsticks, forget it. If we put food in front of her, forget it. Not nearly as exciting as mama's food. The menu tonight was some kind of tofu stir-fry concoction that I made up as I wandered around the kitchen. It tasted pretty good. Tofu, soy sauce, snow peas, broccoli, carrots, egg, chiles... probably some other stuff. I don't really have a stir fry recipe - whatever seems good at the moment goes in the wok.

Lately Violet has become a progressively picky eater. As her sign language comes along she has begun to express clear preferences for different food from meal to meal and from day to day. Maybe she wants eggs today instead of sweet potatoes. Yesterday she really grooved on the sweet potatoes but didn't want the pasta. Mangos were just a one day affair. To date she has NEVER refused to eat blueberries or peaches. She cannot get enough blueberries. Seriously in love with blueberries. We bought a 4 lb. bag of frozen blueberries from COSTCO last week, and I predict it will be gone by the end of the month.

That's all the news I can think of. I'm sure there's more but for now she's just trying to recover from an ear infection (pink amoxicillin) and really working on her language skills. Mimicry is a really powerful force. I just hope my bad habits are being disregarded for the good habits. I'm not sure I'm ready to look into that mirror just yet.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I want to see video of this sign language skill.... if you get a chance to capture it sometime!

grandmapa said...

WE LOVE the video, thanks!