Nevertheless, we arrived at Nancy and Bruce's house and while Violet and Joanna had a good time I went to sleep. The next day I felt even worse so on Thursday I finally caved in and went to a doc-in-a-box quick-care place and found out I had bronchitis that was trying to turn into pneumonia. I received a scrip for Zithromax and a bottle of codeine and today I feel muuuuuch better. Turns out I also gave it Joanna, and now she feels like she got run over by a truck. Tomorrow we'll go back to the quick-care place for Joanna. For the moment Vi seems to be symptom free.
Newsflash, today was Christmas! Christmas is a good day to be a Violet or a kitty (see pics below). While sitting here this evening composing this post, sipping on a SoCo and Coke, and feeling a little uneasy with how fortunate we have been this year, I tried in earnest to select pictures of the girl today that were fun, but I got distracted by a few other non-Christmas pics that got me all teary-eyed.
Best wishes and happy holidays! Peace be with you and your loved ones.
Violet on the way home from the hospital
Violet preparing for the coming year
Violet enjoying her new bear from Nancy and Bruce
A very good day to be a kitty.
5 comments:
Very touching! This post-Thanksgiving pre-New Year start-up seems yeasty with reflections on the goodness in our lives. So sorry to hear you and Joanna are feeling sucky... we wish we were closer so we could help out... Violet is going to have to open her special kitchen drawer and cook you up some chicken soup.
oh my... how time flies.
Sounds like you've had a solstice with the mostest!
Rock on,
What a year for you and Joanna! Violet is beautiful and we can't wait to meet her. It is one of my 2010 New Year resolutions!
Did you bring that bear home with you? I can picture it in the seat next to Vi!
Sounds like you had a great holiday minus the sickness. Looking forward to seeing you next weekend!
Post a Comment