When we drove back from Spokane, we took the long way home via Moscow and US-95. Both Joanna and I are pretty sure we haven't been on this stretch of road since we moved out of Moscow in 2001. It was really nice to relive our youth and take a drive we haven't made in 10 years. Luckily the drive brought back far more happy memories than bittersweet feelings of a more carefree time that seem to accompany our impending middle agehood. Violet enjoyed the trip, especially our lunch and run-around time stop in
Riggins.





Here's a nice pic and vid from the bike race where Violet is getting her balance on the scoot-bike.
And, Violet loves to play with my laptop.
4 comments:
Great pics!
Now, I have a "baby gear" question... what are your thoughts on the balance/scoot-bike? I am thinking about getting one for the girls. Paige is still using training wheels & I wonder if this will help with speeding up the removal of them?
Looks like you had a great vacation!
We don't yet own a scoot-bike. We just use other people's whenever we find them. Violet LOVES scoot-bikes. It was hard to keep her off this one over the weekend. We will be getting one whenever one shows up on Craig's list.
[stepping up on soapbox]
I think training wheels cause more problems than they solve. I see that they enforce unnatural balance on a bike and don't allow the bike to lean into corners the way it should. Ultimately I'm not sure there are any fewer scraped knees and elbows, learning to ride a bike costs a little bit of skin, you know?
Thanks for the info! Paige decided a few weeks ago that she wanted to take her training wheels off but wasn't ready for that at all. So we raised them - a lot (so much so that the bike is practically over before they tough the ground) and now she is nervous to get on the bike.
I am thinking that while she won't have the "safety" of the training wheels with the scoot bike she will be able to touch the ground & hence feel safer. I am OK with the loss of skin it is convincing her to get back on that I hate (I have no idea where she got her stubborness from).
Post a Comment