The marquee event for the vacation, such that you can call a 2000 mile driving tour a vacation, was the 24 Hour 'Round the Clock mountain bike race that is held in Spokane, WA every Memorial Day weekend. It involves camping for a couple of nights and this was Violet's first camping trip. She did great at camp. She got a little cold at night (it got down to 40 deg F or so) but with enough layers she was fine. She also ran around with a pack of children 7 strong. She held her own just fine. She is very well adjusted. Better adjusted than me, some might say. This year was my fifth one of these little adventures and my first time trying to do it as a 2-man team. Previously I had participated on 4-man teams and one try as a solo. Let me save you the time of having to download the pdf of the results: our team came in DFL. I could make up all kinds of excuses about how this came to pass, but I won't. At least I got a good 105 miles bike ride out of it.
Jetta packed up and ready to go.

Other pictures from the weekend.
Violet exploring a plastic car.
Violet exploring a plastic play-house-slide-apparatus.
Violet and Joanna and Sue playing in the rain!
A closeup of Vi's fabulous rain outfit.

2 comments:
Joanna and Vi have matching outfits in the river video! hehe! cute... except of course... no Crocs for Joanna. That is addressed in the previous post's comments, though!
And I don't have the cool sparkly doggie on my shirt...wish i did though!
Post a Comment