18 January 2010

Empanadas potosinas

have absolutely nothing to do with the ski trip that Vi and I took while Joanna was in NYC. But the picture is so beautiful I couldn't help but post it. I forget exactly what's in empanadas potosinas except that they are vegetarian and come with a huge pile of guacamole. I think there are potatos, poblano chiles, some kind of cheese (same texture as cotija but less salty, queso chihuahua?), cilantro, and some other tasty but unidentifiable ingredients. Outta sight!

Joanna and Katie in NYC. Looks like they are having fun to me.

Violet, myself and my buddy Ryan took a little jaunt to higher elevation to escape the horrible air quality here in the Cache Valley. We went to the Sink Hollow trailhead and skied about 3.6 miles of groomed intermediate nordic terrain. It took about 2 hours or so with some resting and socializing along the way. Violet had a good time, she liked the downhills the best. After the skiing we hung out in the clean air, breathed deeply, appreciated the lack of itchy eyes and persistent cough, drank a beer and talked to other members of Beaver Mountain First Ward. We met this cool guy with a full sled team of dogs who's name I forget, I think you can see the truck he uses to haul around his sled and team. I asked if I could check out his sled and he obliged. Super cool setup he had. While Ryan and I accepted our holy communion, Violet chased the dogs and explored the snowy/icy parking lot. She is a really good walker now, it's only been about 6 weeks since she took her first steps and look at her now!

Violet's mixed martial arts fighting stance.



3 comments:

grandmapa said...

that is a REALLY cute baby!

DJB said...

Dude, the ward comment had me really scared there for a minute. You are awefully close to the mothership, so I wonder sometimes. I tip my hat to you for having the confidence to ski with that little cutie on your back! Love the pink hat!

Kate said...

gooood pics... i cannot see these videos!! is it just me?