

Vi is also starting to churn out the baby sign language like nobody's business. She has added the following to her repertoire: cat, rabbit, hat, shoes, and...wait for it....cracker! That last one is a bit harder than the others, as you hold your right hand flat in front of you and bump your left elbow down to "crack" the cracker on your palm. I was sure it would take forever for her to get this one, if she ever would. But she did it for me out of the blue yesterday when she was asking for a snack. A CRACKER to be exact!
She is also very interested in not only the "old hat" nose, but also ears, eyes, and mouths. She loves to point out ears on her stuffed animals, then eyes, and then point them out on me and/or Mike and finally on herself. We have lots of fun with that:-)
Well, Mike is out of town again this week, so Vi and I are doing our best to keep up on the chores at home. It is tougher this week because we are actually snowed OUT of the house. Yes, we can get home and get inside, but we have to park on the road at the end of the driveway. We have a 40-foot long or so snowdrift across the entire driveway, and it's about 2.5 feet deep. So no way to shovel it out, and no way the car will make it through. So we're waiting for either the neighbor to kindly come over and plow for us, or for Mike to get home and do it himself. I would gladly do it if I A) had permission to use the neighbor's tractor, and B) knew how to drive it, as it is quite a bit different than any tractor I've used before.
But for now, I strap Violet into her carseat, strap my bags and saxophone to myself, and wade out into the arctic tundra, ehr, snowy driveway, hoping to not drop Violet or capsize and end up covered in snow and those tiny little annoying cuts you get when you fall on crusty snow. Ah winter life in the mountains.
8 comments:
Cracker! Are you kidding me? That's incredible! She's so billiant!
Wow! Smart widdo kiddo! I had to look that sign up... it is not even in our First-Signs quick reference guide.
Check her browsing history (and your credit card statements); she may have already discovered zappos.com. If not, it's only a matter of time!
Good point, Jenn. I try very hard to avoid zappos.com and endless.com, so I'd better make sure Vi isn't picking up the shoe shopping vibes...
Cracker???!!! She's awesome! Now if she could just pick up &#!@ and %@$! she could do some great Chris Rock routines! I can't wait to meet this girl! Think I'll wait till the summer months though as hiking into your house through 3 feet of snow sounds like no fun.
No worries, Dave. We now have a (barely) one-car-wide swath plowed down the driveway. But the summer months will allow Ben and Violet to play in the grass w/out worry of frostbite...
Hey now... this post is a week old! I NEED my cute little Violet fix!! Please, just one post! A video lasts me all week! I know you have jobs, lives, etc., blah blah blah... but, come on people! She's probably doing something super cute right now and we are missing it!
Affectionately,
The Violet Fan Club(TVFC)
Dave, seriously. You just made my day:-)
And it's Mike's turn to do a posting. He's been planning on it for a few days now...maybe he'll get to it tonight....
Post a Comment