18 October 2010

Here You Go.

Yes, yes, we know it has been a damn long time since we've uploaded a post. That fact has certainly not escaped either one of us. But please rest assured (if you even care...) that we have not been neglecting our blogging duties out of laziness or simply because we've just been having so much fun that we couldn't tear ourselves away to upload some pictures. It has been quite the opposite, in fact. We've had a tremendous amount of stress (work, home, life in general - you all know how it goes) lately, and things like, say, having fun, relaxing, and working on the blog (to name a few) have fallen entirely off the radar.

That being said, I am staying up late when I should actually be in bed, trying to get over whatever new (the current in a succession of many) cold I have, to throw a few pictures your way. Please understand that this is the best bone I have to throw your way. Really, enjoy what you can get, people.

Oh, and for those of you who are not Facebook-enabled, here's the big news: Trooper has a brain tumor, and probably won't be with us for much longer. There's a long and drawn-out story involved, but I'll spare you the details, other than that I thought I'd be losing him on several occasions. So far we've been able to control the seizures and other symptoms reasonably well. But we know that his time is short. Saying goodbye to your best friend for the past 10 years sucks.

Here is Violet, helping me with some yard work. At this moment, we were wondering where Sue the cat had gone.



Here's one of the few pictures that includes Trooper. His leg is shaved from his IV. Also shown are Violet's new froggy rain boots. They are several sizes too large, but Violet loves them. I actually had to hide them so that she wouldn't insist on wearing them 24/7.



Violet enjoys reading the weekend paper over breakfast. Here, she is boning up on Breast Cancer Awareness Month information.



At Merlin Olsen Park in Logan, on the "big kid" jungle gym.


Also at Merlin Olsen Park. We hit the Democratic Party "rally", although it was more of a gathering of the few like-minded souls that happened to be in the area at the time. We did, however, get to meet (and shake hands with) Peter Corroon.


3 comments:

grandmapa said...

Love the photos, thanks for posting them. Violet and I seem to have the same Sunday morning routine, love the Sunday paper.
We have watched the last video so many times, still enjoy it-thanks.
We love you

DJB said...

Thank you thank you for the midnight posting! We've been missing you guys terribly and needed some news. So very sorry to hear about super Trooper's condition and I hope however he parts ways from you it is a warm goodbye. I have always adored his friendly and gentle disposition. Will Rogers once said, "If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went."

Julie said...

Wow! Okay, okay... we'll get facebook enabled and ... I will never chide you about long post-pauses again! Carp! What a week it has been for you folks!
I am happy to see that Violet is taking her boobie health very seriously.
I am so sad to hear about Trooper leaving his active role in your life. We enjoyed Trooper's company while you were here and wish you all the best at this really hard time.