31 October 2010

Meee-Mommmm!

That's what Violet has taken to calling me recently. She's getting the syllables transposed, but we aren't sure if it is on purpose or not. At any rate, it makes me smile every single time I hear it.

We all attended the Sunshine Academy's Halloween party on Friday evening. We'd never been to the Cache Valley Fun Park before, so this was a new experience for us all. It turned out to be more fun than we expected!

Violet is exploring the "soft play" area, which really just means she was crawling around the jungle gym/plastic tubes/giant anthill for children.


Violet was a skeleton for Halloween. Or at least her pajamas had a glow-in-the-dark skeleton on them. And her blankie mysteriously became a scary ghost in this picture. Weird...


Vi helped us do garden chores on Saturday AND Sunday. She particularly liked riding around in the garden cart. Here she is excitedly pointing out the helicopter that flew by. (Thanks for the garden cart, Grammy and Grandpa.)


The garden cart was on Saturday. By Sunday afternoon, Vi's attention had turned to the wagon.


Random picture of Violet in a tote bag.

Hard to see, but we've had a lot of finches visiting the sunflowers by our front porch lately. It is really nice to see them hanging upside down, pulling seeds out.




7 comments:

grandmapa said...

Thank you for the pictures and narrative. We have been waiting for new pictures and really appreciate them!

Kate said...

I like the tote bag pic. I have the same bag. did mom get you that?

Julie said...

Nice pics! The tote/shopping bag is also my favorite. What isle did you find her in? I also really like the Roman Chariot (garden cart) charging forward at Vi's command :) You guys have a really nice mountain view (behind the wagon ride pic)!

joanna said...

Julie, we do have a nice mtn view, similar to yours. You should come see it for yourselves:-)

Kate, I think Mike got that bag for himself. Similar to the mag light (flashlight) presents, he has gotten each of us LL Bean tote bags.

Kate said...

oh. maybe i got it from him and not mom... ha.

DJB said...

I gotta get me a hot tote bag like that! Just a hunch, but I think Violet wants to race chariots. When Mike gets done with my sweet mountain bike he should build her one. Glad to see he still roles up the old pant legs even if the leaves have dropped. We miss you guys!

Jenn said...

wow great post. tons of updates and great photos. she is such a cutie. i have been telling zach all about his cousin and aunt and uncle in utah!