Eclectic. That's what you get tonight. Here goes:
The new slate floor is in! It will get a sealant on Monday, but otherwise it is done. We'll also be painting much of the first floor this weekend. What do you think?
The new floor! (before grout)
We're going to paint much of the main floor with "beach house" - the color on the right.
We'll have white trim for contrast.
We're not (OK, I'm not) 100% sure on it yet, but we think the bathroom on the main floor
will be the middle color, "ruby shade".
As many of you already know, I am a proud supporter of Mabel's Labels. I just got a coupon code for 20% off any purchase to share with up to 5 friends. It is good through April 26, so use it or lose it! Use code 69R6EJ for 20% off any purchase of any amount! Some of my favorite items: teeny tags, loot bag combos, clothing labels (they are on lots of Vi's clothing), and sticky labels (also on lots of Vi's stuff, like water bottles and other items that leave the house).
Random fun photos:
Vi was on the phone the other day, and as I sat quietly nearby she stopped talking and asked me to "wait just a minute, Momma". Then a few seconds later she asked me to "please be patient, Momma".
Vi at the playground, honking the imaginary car horn and saying "beep, beep!"
Several nights ago Vi got her first braid!
And her first "snork" ponytail:-)
Well, that seems to be all I've got for you tonight. I just wrapped up a monumental shopping extravaganza at Anthropology.com, and am trying to ward off the associated shopping coma. Thank goodness for easy returns...







3 comments:
Darling! Darling! Darling! Having a boy, I am missing out on the piggie tales; living vicariously through your little quail.
Ruby Red doesn't scream "resale value", but you have to go with what makes the house more warm to you. I think it is super fun and would get the heart pumping until the coffee percolates, for sure.
Nice flooring!
Oooooooooooh! I love doing little girl hair. Fun, Fun, Fun! Love the new slate floor and the "beach house" color. Can I give you my two cents on the bathroom? I'm going to anyway since we're friends. ;) I love the ruby color, however, that is a small-ish potty room and it might be overwhelming (ie, I've been in bathrooms of similar size that were painted similar colors, and it really hurt your eyes once you were in there with a light on and the door closed. And based on how the camera flash caught the light (is it semi-gloss I'm guessing) that will catch the bathroom light and make it extra bright) I might suggest using that color for an "accent wall" and then pick an earthy, complimentary tone to go on the other 3 walls. Just a thought. :) I'm totally jealous that you went Anthropology shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Heehee, a "snork" ponytail. Adorable!
Post a Comment