Today we went to town. It sure was good, no it was great, to get out of the house. Our excuse was that we had an Arctic Circle coupon for a free Pumpkin Pie shake that was going to expire tomorrow. I'll admit that I was skeptical about the pumpkin shakes, but no longer. I am now a believer! They go especially well with fries.
I would be remiss if I did not thank all the people who have given generously of their time and their chicken enchiladas. Nancy was here for the delivery which was really nice. Our neighbors Mark and Jeanne came over with a shload of food (enchiladas!). We have received several shipments of clothes, wipes, and such from Matt and Jenn in Moscow, from Cassi and Denny, and from my coworkers. CJ gave us a stroller, a baby swing and a something else... though I can't remember exactly what it is right now. Sorry, CJ, some things never change. Amy and Tim came to our house on the way to DI to unload their baby goods on us (Boppie, Boppie papasan chair, car seat, and some other stuff). The people at my work have been very understanding of me completely disappearing for all of last week. I'm positive I've forgotten one or several people. If you don't see your name here I guess you needed to contribute stuff of higher value if you wanted to make it onto the blog!
To all of you who have helped in your various ways JOANNA AND I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
Speaking of work, I have no idea how I am going to be able to concentrate on satellites when I have this exciting, complicated, needy, beautiful, little woman to take care of at home. Hmmm, was that Violet or Joanna I just described? I can't imagine leaving my daughter all day. I hope it makes me more efficient at work since I already know that I won't have any kind of productivity at night. I can really see the trouble that women who work outside the home have when they choose to have a baby. If I'm this torn up about going back to work and I'm the father, imagine what mothers must go through. Yikes.
That's all for now. I am hoping to go tune up the stroller for its debut tomorrow if the 11 PM feeding goes as planned. We are planning our first family walk around the neighborhood. I'm sure there will be plenty of photo ops. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment