30 October 2008

Clogged nipple

I spent about 10 minutes today wondering why Violet was being so fussy about taking her bottle. She was sucking on the nipple but not making swallowing sounds, nor was the level of the bottle going down. Turns out it was a clogged nipple. Not something that had previously been in my trouble-shooting repertoire.

I heard a quote today from Annie Liebowitz. "I thought the world was flat before I had my kids, and now it's round." It's really funny because Joanna and I were just talking yesterday about how we can't remember what our lives were like pre-Violet. It is like some kind of distant memory, but not in a bad way. Neither of us feel quite the same as Annie, but that doesn't stop me (Mike) from appreciating her sentiment.

My dad is here for the next 10 days. That's great!

Amy brought over a fabulous lasagna today. It was (is) sooooo good. Thank you, Amy!

Obligatory pics.


2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm kind of addicted to this blog... fyi. please keep it up!

Amy said...

Great blog! You have inspired me to start my own blog.

Glad you liked the lasagna!