So we packed up today and moved back home. We swiped all the free formula and diapers we could find. We asked the nurses all sorts of questions and perhaps came across as overprotective parents. So what if we did? As far as I'm concerned the hospital's highest priority is the health and welfare of my daughter.
So we strapped our most precious cargo into our Chicco Keyfit 30 and off we drove. I was in hyper alert driver mode looking for any crazies on the road. In fact, since we now live in Utah, all the drivers are crazy. It's true. Just drive here to visit us and see for yourself.
Once we got home it was time to assess our level of overwhelmedness. What's really weird is that when we drove up to our house it seemed very different. Even the inside feels different. It feels like a home now and less of a place that we just happen to live. I'm not sure I've expressed that very well but I hope you get the picture that our perspective has shifted dramatically.
The dogs and horses have been badly neglected for the last few days. Meh. They'll get over it. Michaela update: her incision seems to be healing well. Only two more weeks of confinement to her 10x10 corral until we can move her to the 10x20 corral.
And what goes well with burritos? Cerveza, of course. As you can see, I am adapting to fatherhood well.
1 comment:
OMG! I remember who scary it was to drive home from the hospital with the girls. I swear to you we drove like 40mph all the way home in terror.
Post a Comment