21 December 2008

Solstice!

Today was Winter Solstice!

A lot has happened in the last few days, a couple of respectable snowstorms totaling 8" of awesome white snow, Violet's first sled ride, Joanna got invited to give saxophone lessons for the USU Music Department, I bladed out our driveway using our neighbor's tractor... as you can see it's been mind blowingly busy over here.

I've been in a good mood pretty much ever since it snowed. There are lots of reasons why I might normally be stressed out: proposals due, deadlines to meet, the ever-present money worries, making sure Violet is happy and healthy, are we going to safely make the drive to Idaho on Tuesday, all kinds of things, you see... But the snow has done what snow does best, it blankets everything in beauty and makes you forget about all the detritus underneath.

Joanna and Trooper ready to celebrate the shortest day of the year.

This is in our backyard. Seriously.

Violet really enjoyed the skiing.




Rockin' some sweet bike shoes. Don't tell me you're not consumed with envy.

The herd likes the snow, too.

Clickie-make-biggie. It's worth it.

2 comments:

Kate said...

it's like a winter playground for you guys! what didn't you do? we also got like a foot between friday and sunday... all I did was make a snow angel and dig out my car.

Kate Comstock said...

yay! it snowed here too!!!! You guys look like you were having a blast. Hope you make it through to Idaho as I am your biggest fan and can't wait to see you!