30 December 2008

Grabby baby!

See... I was in the middle of a blog post last night and the power went out. I believe that it was Violet's method for avoiding her bath last night. Nice try, little bugger. We'll get you clean tonight!

The last few days have been a tornado of activity. Holiday travel to Idaho that involved closed interstates and 200 mile detours, lots of food, icy roads, Southern Comfort, another snow storm and more closed interstates. The holiday was good for many reasons, but the two that stand out in my memory are 1) that Nancy and Bruce Violet-sat for an evening and Joanna and I went out on a DATE! and 2) we got to take several naps over the weekend. Yah! for naps!


The big news, though, is that in a matter of only a few days Violet went from having staring contests with her toys to grabbing them and trying to stuff them into her mouth. The progression went like this:
Day 1: Who are you, brightly colored thing with bells?
[Sorry, no clever pic.]

Day2: I am strangely attracted to you. Do you mind if we make it to first base?

Day 3: Nom! Nom! Nom! Yummy!

More random pics.


A way nicer sled than that plastic p.o.s. that I bought her last week.

Great Grandma Joanna.

Er... um... no comment.

Rocking horse. Violet is getting an early start on her training for mutton bustin'.

A very elaborate monogramed stocking from Great Grandma Phylis.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness! A 200 mile detour! Does this mean you are now safe and sound at home? I can't believe how big Violet is getting!

mike said...

On the way to Idaho we got about 30 miles north of Snowville before we found out I-84 was closed. So we had to drive all the way back to Tremonton and then go back up to Pocatello and then head west toward Boise. It was a 5 hour drive that turned into a 9.5 hour drive.

Cheryl said...

Sounds like SNOW was a major headache for lots of people around Christmas. (us included) Violet is getting so big! Adorable!!