Violet is quite accomplished at rolling over now. Video to come soon, as recklessly promised in some previous post. Violet has also expressed interest in having a more active role in the blog content and formatting. Here she is checking to make sure Joanna is using proper MLA citation conventions.
She really likes the game where you throw her up in the air and she's weightless at the top of her trajectory. I mean, you don't throw her really far or anything, more like an exuberant vertical boost. She smiles and laughs, so how bad can it really be for her? I guess the story goes that Violet had a mid-air regurgitation the other day during one of these baby tossing episodes. Big bummer for Joanna.
9 comments:
How is it possible she keeps getting cuter!? OMG!
Also, is there anyone else on earth but Mike who would use the word "trajectory" to describe playing with his daughter? I love you, my fraternal homo sapien unit!
Our Grandaughter Violet Ray is the MOST beautiful flying baby ever!
Please be mindful of potential ceiling fan/light fixture encounters. We like her ears the way they are, and she doesn't need a hair cut. Just offering some free pediatric nurse grandma comments.
We love you all.
Good points, Mom and Bruce. We do try to watch out for potential ceiling fixture issues...but further caution is always good in this instance. And when we play "baby on my head" I always try to watch out for the same things...
On another note, I am horrified by the picture of me that Mike posted. Although Violet seems to be eternally cute, I even scared myself. Holy crap, that was unfortunate.
Violet IS eternally cute! Holy crap, remember that you are her mother and responsible for
at least 50% of her cute genes!
The problem here is that the photographer didn't get the lighting just right.
Lighting, my ass! That's a nice comment, but really, lighting doesn't add 30 pounds, unwashed hair, and sagging jowls...
I decided after I had Madi that somehow there is only so much cuteness to go around in the world, and babies get theirs from their mother. So as the baby becomes cuter and cuter, the mother becomes, well ... less cute. At least that was how I felt when Madi was Violet's age. Then Henry stole any remaining cuteness I may have had. Good thing I'm done!
I think I have to agree with you, Amy. Not necessarily in your case, but certainly in mine. But at least it stays in the family...what a bummer it would be if the cuteness just evaporated into the ether!
Post a Comment