01 January 2009

It's the new year

This post won't be that much different than most of the other sticky-sweet, nostalgic New Year's crap you see on the internet, except maybe that it won't be nostalgic and sticky-sweet. This year was one of the most stressful in my recent memory. A new job for me, Joanna having to leave her job, a move to Utah that has challenged both Joanna and I to the extreme, and our biggest accomplishment - Violet. Joanna and I are fiercely proud of our daughter, who just happens to be the best baby in the whole world. If you have a baby right now, and you are reading this, I'm sorry to break it to you but Violet really is the best. Look at it this way, even if you can't have the best baby in the world, at least you get to enjoy a year's supply of Rice-a-Roni for being runner up. I'm told it's the San Francisco treat.

Phyllis and Shawn came down from Rigby to visit with us for New Year's eve!

They showed up in Logan in the late morning and then all 5 of us drove down to Salt Lake City to see Body Worlds 3. This is the second time I've seen Body Worlds and I can't get enough of it. Dissected plastic dead people are very cool, indeed. After viewing other people's viscera for almost three hours we went out to dinner to eat the viscera of cows and chickens (which also happen to be on display at Body Worlds). The food wasn't great tasting or a particularly great value, but the company and conversation were top-notch.

Once arriving back home we hung around the house watching TV and worked on the big bottle (1.5 L) of sparkling wine graciously provided by Shawn. In what is becoming a startling pattern, Violet kept bogarting the bottle.

No comments: