21 January 2009

Violet Can Sit Up! (with some help)

Today's new development: Violet can sit up, with some help from the Baby Bumbo chair! We've put her in the chair before, but she just didn't seem to like it much. Today, however, Violet was sitting up like a champion. She played with and reached for her toys and generally seemed to enjoy the new perspective on the world. She was a bit annoyed by all of the camera flashes, but she'll just have to get used to that, I suppose.

Here, Vi shows off her great posture and her two favorite toys of the moment. Special wardrobe credit to Auntie Cookie for the outfit. Thanks Auntie Cookie, and congratulations on the new puppy! (I'm sorry I haven't returned your call or text message yet...)



Here she also shows off her toys, although one has somehow found its way behind her shoulder. How'd that get there?



Violet's balancing act. And practicing her toy retrieval skills. Maybe she's spending too much time with the dogs...


Not much other news to share. Mike is traveling to CA tomorrow, but will be home before midnight. The air quality here in Logan is the second-worst in the country, and Utah boasts four cities in the top five on that national list. As I drove home from teaching today, I realized that our valley looks just like pictures from the Beijing Olympics this summer - seriously, our air is that bad. The air quality rating has been above the federal limits all week, meaning that we are breathing "illegally" dirty air. Not that anyone cares to do anything about it or that there are any legal consequences for it however, particularly in this state. We just all get to suffer with sore throats, headaches, allergy problems, and trouble taking deep breaths. Sucks to be a wind player (musician) right now...

Oh, and lest I forget, special thanks to Amy and Tim for donating the Baby Bumbo chair to us. Henry outgrew it, and now Violet is taking full advantage of their generosity!

4 comments:

Kate Comstock said...

wow! wardrobe credit. I feel great! I really do think we should start making baby clothes for girls that don't involve pink & purple. but the lavendar and lime is nice on her! She's so pretty!!!! I definitely need to come and visit. and Izzy the puppy is doing well. Crate & house training is muy bien so far. She's a fast learner! though she's NOT fond of peeing in the snow yet. I'd be annoyed too if I were 5 pounds and was asked to "go potty" in freezing cold white stuff. You'd think my Dad became a grandpa...he LOVES her. He watches her during the day while I'm at school. Hmmmmm...this is starting to be more than a comment...more like verbal diarhea. I'll have to email you! :) Give everyone kisses & hugs for me!

Amy said...

Great to see Violet putting the Bumbo through its paces.

She's so serious in the first pic! Very studious.

joanna said...

Oh yes, we we expect her to be as serious (and studious) once she hits school, too! Just kidding....we'll cut her a bit of slack. Maybe.

Cheryl said...

Awe, she's getting so big. How cute!! I never bought a Bumbo chair for Ian because I didn't think his legs would fit in it. Ha! :)