10 November 2008

Meet your Dziadziu, Violet

Today my Dad left after being here for 10 days. It was nice to have him here to help spread out the load of babywatching activities. He seemed to really enjoy hanging out with her. Hmmm, I can't imagine why.


In other news, Joanna and met some new people here in Logan - Ellen and Dennis. These are nice, stable, reasonable people that very recently used to live in Moscow. Ah, how nice it is to remember the days of living in a small, hippie college town. See, even though we live in a college town now, it in no way feels like a college town. There is no discernible hippie presence in Logan. None. Absolutely none. If I see anyone wearing tie-dye, I feel like giving them a shout out for representing (or shouting, "Keep driving! Don't stop!"). With respect to the homogeneous whitebread culture of Logan, I have never seen a collection of 20-somethings act more like 40-somethings in my entire life.

I think I'm complaining this much because I just drank beer and ate good food and had great conversation in a carefree, easy way that I used to take for granted. This too shall pass and I will go back to expecting the sub-par, flavorless, tapioca existence of Northern Utah.

It appears that I have wandered off topic (I suppose that's good because my rant is not at all related to the title of this post). Back on topic: Violet is still beautiful and finally starting to be not so much of a sleepy eater. Joanna and I have tried to get her on a 3-4 hour feed schedule which seems to be settling down Violet to a large extent. We still don't get all that much sleep but we do end up knowing that once she is fed we have about 2.5 hour that we can use for our own purposes.

6 comments:

Kate said...

will there be beer and wine at Thanksgiving dinner? I was going to try not to check baggage but maybe I should check some with wine...

Elizabeth said...

What would a respectable Thanksgiving be without beer and wine?!? We can bring supplies for the holidays so if you guys have any special requests, please let us know. That goes for you too Kate! We can bring any beer/wine and/or food as long as you can find it in Tri-Cities!

Kate said...

my main concern is that you cannot buy forbidden substances such as alcohol in Utah?....

mike said...

I make a point of having lots of forbidden substances on hand at all times. While you can buy alcohol in UT, I buy mine in ID, purely on principle. 3.2% beer is not for me, and I refuse to go the liquor store and be taxed extra for buying regular beer/wine.

Kate said...

Then I will still try not to check a bag. Will save me $15 bucks. ! I'll bring coffee from Lark Street instead.

grandmapa said...

Hi Joanna and Mike. Great picture of Dave and Violet. I really have missed the Violet watching. We are looking forward to seeing you again and will alcohol shop when you get here in wide open OWYHEE COUNTY, ID.
Peace,