28 November 2008

Recovering from acute diabetes

Yesterday was a dietary trainwreck. Huge amounts of the kind of food that I almost never eat. The only thing to do is take a walk. James, Kate and I headed out for an hour of walking, Leela in the stroller and Violet in the Baby Bjorn. A good time was had by all.

Today is Joanna's birthday! I encouraged her and Elizabeth to go out and pretend they were regular adults for an afternoon. So they went to town and did some shopping and some eating and generally acted like normal women. Joanna reported having a good time. Elizabeth also reported feeling free and empowered.

What you are looking at is a strawberry cake with chocolate frosting, mint-filled dark chocolates on the side and with Twizzler accents. Mmmm, yummy? (cake credit: Mike)


Group family shot.



Leela putting the smackdown on Violet. (wardrobe credit: Elizabeth)



(all photo credits: Kate Wojcik [no linkie for wojee])

No comments: